View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Jimmy Wales vs. Cullen328 

One of their best...... 8-)
Quote:
Facts are facts. According to Alexa, Wikipedia is the #5 website in the world and Wikinews is #61,982. Wikinews is irrelevant. Our Wikipedia main page always features about half a dozen major news stories and a similar number of recent deaths. Of course, we should not be doing original news reporting. But in case after countless case, for nearly 18 years, our articles about breaking news events have evolved into enduring articles worthy of study by researchers in history for centuries to come. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 05:50, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
On of their most deluded more like.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:40 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Quote:
Facts are facts. According to Alexa, Wikipedia is the #5 website in the world and Wikinews is #61,982. Wikinews is irrelevant. Our Wikipedia main page always features about half a dozen major news stories and a similar number of recent deaths. Of course, we should not be doing original news reporting. But in case after countless case, for nearly 18 years, our articles about breaking news events have evolved into enduring articles worthy of study by researchers in history for centuries to come. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 05:50, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Dude. Cullen has long rubbed me the wrong way. And I trust my instincts.

Anyone promoting Wikipedia -- as is -- is part of the problem.

may the bestestest be able to rest on their laurels gnagnam style...

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 am

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 6416#p6416

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 am

One of their best, being mistaken for an encyclopedia editor.
Quote:
Tiger
Why, oh why, isn't this a Featured article? Only the experts know. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 07:40, 8 January 2019 (UTC)

You'd have to nominate it, it's not automatic. How about a peer review? What I see at a glance: too many images, in strange positioning, and probably without alt= texts. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:43, 8 January 2019 (UTC)

This is an inside joke, Gerda Arendt, and is has something to do with American gridiron college football, more specifically the national championship game that just ended. The team that our mutual friend Drmies roots for was defeated by another team called the "Tigers". Sad for Drmies but an opportunity for me to make an affectionate joke. Is there any humor connected with classical music? Cullen328 Let's discuss it 07:52, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
Man. If they weren't sucking each other's dicks all day, what would they fill their time with?

Even the WMF has previously stated they think their volunteer associates should focus their attention on articles that are of most use to readers (Tiger gets nearly 5,000 views a day). The response of the volunteers was essentially, can you please not interrupt us, we are busy sucking each other's dicks. We'll do it if you pay us.

Cullen does write articles of course. Two days ago he published the biography for Raymond Dabb Yelland (1848 -1900), a a forgotten Californian landscape painter. I say biography, it is in reality just a few short paragprahs, not even worth splitting into sections, so he hasn't. A perusal of the internet shows there is much more to be added yet. Even what he has produced, already contains questionable content. Why source a name change to a primary document, when you already had a secondary source? Maybe he will get around to it, once he has finished making Drmies feel better.

This is what one of their best spends his days on. Why Wikipedia is so crap, really is no mystery.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am

sashi wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
Quote:

Dude. Cullen has long rubbed me the wrong way. And I trust my instincts.

Anyone promoting Wikipedia -- as is -- is part of the problem.

may the bestestest be able to rest on their laurels gnagnam style...

I know Jim personally. He is good folks. Of course, consensus here is that I suck, so consider the source.

xoxo,

t

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 pm

No. The consensus is you never answer different questions and avoid them. But at least you haven the guts to come over from time to time and that is what I appreciate very much. And I wouldn't say you sucks, we just disagree total. But as a person you looks to me a very nice guy. And nobody is claiming Jim isn't good folks.

What Crow and I try to show and to make clear is that Wikipedia is a pyramid scheme of bluff, and there it is about Tim. And that the result often is extreem poor and that nobody can fix Wikipedia, so it is poisoning the knowledge ecologic for ever. That is why I am claiming Wikipedia is as danger as plastic in the sea. And that you can't fix Wikipedia with some random improvements. In fact you can't fix wikipedia at all, I complete agree with Crow.

Fixing some articles and replacing James Alexander by a guy with hardly any qualifications isn't a structural solution and is denying what is really going on, because the rest of the puddingheads keep there function. And such discussions you avoid and there it is about Timmy.
If I claim I see a structural problem with Wikipedia and the European laws and regulation, we don't discuss that, no I am trolled out everywhere even on the "critical" Wikipediocrazy forum and at the end even with the famous SanFanBan. I am mute everywhere and nobody talks to me anymore and that fits perfect in dictatorships and fascist systems and sects and not in a open system what Wikipedia claims to be. And you never answer questions about that if you are here. That sucks Timmy.
And there it is about Timmy, and not about if Jim is a nice guy or not. Or if that Jan, the successor of Alexander is. O yeh, for sure he is a nice guy, but just like the whole safety team he has not any qualification as a "safety expert". It is here about the fact Wikipedia sucks, lets talk about that Tim.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2