Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:36 am

Why? Yet another example of how any woman on Wikipedia that willingly works with Eric Corbett, is seriously lacking in the brains department, but is massively stocked in the willing to be a useful idiot department.
At the end of the day this is a writing based project and Eric's writing skills are strong; his interpersonal skills not so strong.
Is it skill, or stupidity, to make such an obvious understatement? Not so strong implies there are established editors who are worse at it. Who the hell are they?
Can we as a community judge him for the second and kick him out, yet take full advantage of the first?
Are you genuinely asking, because it seems to be that anyone who claims to know Eric, would already be aware that is exactly his Wikipedia reality. Some have literally said, let's make sure we have extracted all the possible benefit we can, before we have to inevitably toss him on the garbage dump. To a (wo)man, his enablers have literally shown no willingness to reform him, so that he might become the gift that keeps on giving for the rest of his natural life.
Is it necessary for editors to belittle contributions because he's grouchy?
Um, who, on Wikipedia, is doing that?
I know someone with Tourette's syndrome - hypothetically what if that were the case here? Could we find a place for him?
Seriously? You're going to go there? If you knew anything about Eric, you'd know he prides himself on the fact everything he does, is entirely his concious choice. Even if his problems are the result of some undiagnosed major personality disorder, he clearly thinks he is the master of his emotions. He would be incredibly insulted to have his often extremely calculated responses, carefully designed to cut his opponent to the bone, as something entirely involuntary, the result of an illness, not his agency. Seriously, if you want to know the real Eric, go to him and suggest this is how he should be seen. Say it to his face, and watch him explode with fury at you, friend or no friend.
Ironically Malleus/Eric is incredibly patient and helpful with new editors but he's like one those professors who's snappy (very snappy) and yet from whom students gain the most.
Finally, an indication you do know Eric, having seen him be an asshole to newbies. Some of his enablers claim this never even happens. More of this honesty, please. The professor analogy holds only after you construct a University where teachers are allowed to exclude students if they simply don't show enough deference and respect for his awesomeness. If Eric had real talent as a teacher, he would be able to reach people who are not so enamoured with him.
This comment will probably come across very stupid to most of you and you all will flock to my talk page to berate me.
Ha. You clearly don't know the community at all. If there is any reaction to your nonsense, it will be to praise you. Most are as dumb as you, the rest will see the value you bring to Eric's cause as a useful idiot.
But it needs to be said. Leave the man in peace.
He will get no peace, unless or until Wikipedia becomes a place where he owns his articles, and decided to actually delete WP:CIVIL. Hopefully now, the pure absurdity of these kinds of LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE style pleas, really are. You're also ignoring of course how often Eric goes seeking trouble, usually to reignite a feud with someone who has said they want to draw a line under things and be left alone. Or is just generally looking to create drama and insult people over one of his pet peeves, like his very recent comments on citation systems. Just another aspect of his behavior that you were presumably ignorant of, since I think you lack the brains to be able to lie for him. At least convincingly.
Ideally we'd milk him for all he's worth and get as much content from him as we can, but that's not the Wikipedia way.
That is literally the Wikipedia way. You're all disposable work units. Although he says it just to elicit sympathy, as if people are really meant to believe he can conceive of a world of kindness and valuing humans without weighting their worth first, people who are not him, Eric readily admits he realizes this is the WIkipedia way.
In my view the Moors murders issues could have been worked out
This would have been the point where you explain how......other than making sure there could have been no issue, because EEng would have been following your STAY AWAY order. As an editor who is simply a different side of the same coin, the beloved flawed genius, you have set yourself quite the paradox there, no?
It would be best to drop this matter altogether and move on. It's just too exhausting.
Yeah, you really don't know a thing about Eric at all, do you? You could fill a book with the times people have pleaded for it all to just stop. Understanding why it doesn't have any effect, requires understanding the Eric situation at a depth far behind your limited means.

By all means, suggest practical, workable, solutions, ones that would be acceptable to Wikipedians in general, not those who have no problem with being Eric's devoted sycophants.

Hello?

Oh, she's gone. :roll:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 am

@Joe Roe: Eric has only been blocked twice since 2015, once for a TBAN violation and once for a civility violation (discounting Sandstein's recent, abortive 3-month block). That seems to indicate that the current sanctions are doing a reasonable job. If there is extensive evidence that Eric is not being sanctioned for behaviour that should be sanctioned, the reason for that is that other editors are not reporting it at AE and Eric's restrictions require that they only be enforced after an AE report has been filed and open for 24 hours. GoldenRing (talk) 09:28, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
What an odd definition of reasonable job - a system that for the most part persuades people it simply isn't worth the hassle reporting the countless violations he committed in that period, and on the rare occasion someone does report a violation, it takes an incredible amount of effort to secure a pathetic 72 hour block, and not even the blocking Admin, as he stands around looking for a pat on the back, has the guts to admit Eric literally violated that exact same sanction the very day that block expired. It had no effect on him, just like he said it wouldn't.

If this is how bad the people claiming to be enforcing the rules are, if they find it this easy to bullshit people, then you realize how bad the people who really want to fight Eric's corner, can be.

Is there no end to it? I'm looking for just one person to stand up and say, you know what, you're talking absolute bollocks. The short block didn't work, Eric has no excuse for immediately violating it, he wasn't baited or triggered or having an attack of Tourettes. He violated it because he wanted to, knowing the system is so screwed up that what happened did happen, nobody reported it, and everyone is happy to pretend it never even happened, because the only rational response once you accept it did and why, is an indefinite block.

These enablers are easy to understand. Certain people are just evil, basically unevolved tribal actors who care not a jot for the big picture. What is hard to understand, is why so many people who talk a good game about wanting the system to work, are just happy to roll over and take this bullshit. Right up the ass.

The purposes of the sanctions is to dissuade offending. Failed. Have done for years. The purpose of AE is to enable anyone to report a violation and ensure a swift, drama free applications of the consequences for violating sanctions. Also failed. The list of people supposedly not even allowed to report Eric is huge. Only one reason for it.

The system in practice is to make it as hard and traumatic as possible to report Eric, to ensure most violations pass by unnoticed, and those that don't, are met with a pointless reaction that does absolutely nothing for nobody.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 am

CrowsNest wrote:Is there no end to it? I'm looking for just one person to stand up and say, you know what, you're talking absolute bollocks. The short block didn't work, Eric has no excuse for immediately violating it, he wasn't baited or triggered or having an attack of Tourettes. He violated it because he wanted to, knowing the system is so screwed up that what happened did happen, nobody reported it, and everyone is happy to pretend it never even happened, because the only rational response once you accept it did and why, is an indefinite block.

Well, Crow I have to say from my one experience that's not a attractive option. Standing up. Because if you do so the brave wikipedians will do anything, anything to hurt your reputation in and outside Wikipedia, even by publishing your name on a name and shame list after they have doxxed you, a list what shows up in the top ranking of the Google results. After you are declared complete nuts all the time, our drunk like Abd did yesterday on Dysk Discord and a woman hater because of Bart Legal his leaked info and because of a a peeing lady in a toy train scenery. Bart Legal, who first had claimed I should be stoned in a PM. And let's leave Edo=>Wikmedia his stinking emails because that is maybe too embracing for words.

And about that stomach acid of Eric. Wikipedians are in general ziek, zwak en misselijk. They can fly to America, dance around there, make a movie, have stomach acid, don't do a simple blood test for prostate cancer, but seldom die. Except one who's health is serious in danger. James Alexander.
Because if you follow his twitter it is absolute clear this man is graving his one grave only by eating. Seldom I have seen someone eating so unhealthy. This must end up in serious health problems like diabetes and heart problems.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:Except one who's health is serious in danger. James Alexander.
Because if you follow his twitter it is absolute clear this man is graving his one grave only by eating. Seldom I have seen someone eating so unhealthy. This must end up in serious health problems like diabetes and heart problems.

Looks okay to me!

https://twitter.com/jamesofur/status/11 ... 0070142976

This:

I'm no expert, but that looks like Camembert and Brie. Can't identify the orange cheese. Crackers look good, and that ham is ooh la la!

IMO, seriously good food.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:15 pm

That jambon is OK, the crackers too, but much to much Cheese! And meat, OK, 50 gram bio max a day in my opinion a person. Or less, but that is up to anyone and sometimes i am a sinner too. Because that ham looks great I have to admit. I shouldn't leave it too.
And I see English cheddar and some white hard cheese and some yellow European soft cheese, Italy of France, but can be wrong.
But if you have a look here.....

https://twitter.com/jamesofur/status/11 ... 1478326272

And that link......

https://twitter.com/NomBurger

No, this must end up in diabetes or a heart attack.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Nom Burger on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/nomburger/

How on earth do people actually eat that! Heart attack on a plate.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm definitely doing the lottery. Do I know these people, or what?
CrowsNest wrote:
This comment will probably come across very stupid to most of you and you all will flock to my talk page to berate me.
Ha. You clearly don't know the community at all. If there is any reaction to your nonsense, it will be to praise you. Most are as dumb as you, the rest will see the value you bring to Eric's cause as a useful idiot.
Hi Victoria, hope you're well. This is a great statement which I'm sure many people can resonate with. I've noticed a decline of personal thanks on talk pages of late, aided and abetted by the very cold and generic "thanks" button which carries many different nuances, so I thought I'd drop by and say it personally. People just don't seem to talk to one another nowadays. Best regards. CassiantoTalk 08:52, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
The personal touch. Skin crawling.

He licks the rim of anyone who heaps praise on Eric, with just as much passion as he attacks those who would deny his Greatness......
Eric Corbett
Please take your WP:GRAVEDANCING comments and shove them where the sun don't shine. Play another stroke like that, and I'll take you to ANI. CassiantoTalk 06:34, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Naturally this pattern of going around the back streets, beating up people supporting the request, and kissing the arse of people rejecting it, isn't seen as remotely problematic by the Administration.

I guess if, in future, someone attacks Cassianto on Wikipedia, calling him Eric Corbett's chief cum guzzler and shit eater perhaps, it will be entirely a mystery as to why it happened. :roll:

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Naturally this pattern of going around the back streets, beating up people supporting the request, and kissing the arse of people rejecting it, isn't seen as remotely problematic by the Administration.

I think they realize he's not normal but don't know how to deal with him.

He's very strange: immature, unintelligent and deluded -- but I've no idea what his real problems are. One of the few things I know for sure is he got seriously pissed when Brill Lyle intimated he's a loon. He said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to discuss my mental health in public".

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Anyone wrote:He said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to discuss my mental health in public".

He is very imbalanced, like a loon, but that sentence can be a simple, factual statement from someone on the autism spectrum, however funny it is to NT people. Was there something more to show he took the "loon" part badly?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re:

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Gaslighted wrote:
Anyone wrote:He said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to discuss my mental health in public".

He is very imbalanced, like a loon, but that sentence can be a simple, factual statement from someone on the autism spectrum, however funny it is to NT people. Was there something more to show he took the "loon" part badly?

In general I have the impression a wiki surrounding is not good for people die niet als een ander zijn. They lose track, they start to behave themself very weird, find support bij there college Spergs. Trolls like Mies for instance start to flam, often with abitrolling and I am absolute not convinced at the long run it is funny for NT people. Because, is making all kind of complete confused people your bureaucracy and T&S officers funny? Is it funny to stimulate for years Eric Corbett in his very weird behaving? In general, is this where people are giving there donation for?

And sorry for the off topic, that Nom Burger, yes it makes you understanding why WMF needed desk chairs of 6000 dollar each with employers like Alexander. :mrgreen:
This is real a cholesterol bomb I have never seen before, Anyone. :roll: