China: "not my problem" mentality

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

China: "not my problem" mentality

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 am

There are many similarities between Wikipedia and Chinese society: "not my problem" mentality, just persuing individual gains, authoritarianism, false image, that they kill for.
Last edited by JuiceBeetle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed showing another youtube video

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: China: "not my problem" mentality

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:44 am

You got it. Social dysfunction is nearly always the same everywhere.

Winston's videos are great, because he's one of the VERY few foreigners who lives there and talks honestly about China's social problems. Yeah, I know the drill, he has to use a VPN or TOR to post because Chinese internet is heavily censored. It still continues to amaze me that he hasn't been shut down. The government knows damn well who he is and what he's doing. And they do the same to all foreigners.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:53 pm

I don't like being Johnny Know-It-All, but Winston Sterzel is in the US now and all that street stuff was shot by his American partner Matthew Tye ("C Milk" aka "LaoWhy86") who is still in Shenzen, with his Chinese wife, half-Chinese child, and obnoxious mother-in-law.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Mr. Tye is also being harassed by the Chinese cops, plus Hong Kong (he's not as good at blogging on the subject as Sterzel is)

Sterzel covered his opinion of HK vs. China months ago